MSI Detective Services realizes that as an employer or Human Resources professional you are sometimes faced with the difficult problems such as employee theft, drug use, vandalism and other acts of misconduct. MSI experienced and trained investigators will help by gathering facts through the interview and interrogation process. Through many communication skills and tools including lie detection or polygraph testing, Selective Interview and Direct Interrogation, MSI will screen the suspects and filter out the innocent, in order to focus in on the legitimate suspects.
MSI Detective Services sensitive approach minimizes the strain of the investigative process while maintaining good team spirit at your facility. MSI goal is to provide you with the quickest and most accurate results with the least amount of disruption to the workplace. There is no need to worry about guidance once you hire MSI> MSI will walk you through all the steps and take you through the process from suspect to termination or prosecution.
MSI Detective Services Provides:
- SCAN Lie Detection Testing – A written form that ferrets out the innocent from the potential suspects.
- Selective Interview to filter out the innocent by short inreviews generally 10-15 minutes in duration.
- Multilingual staff provides Spanish investigators for situations where the suspects cannot communicate in English.
- Highly skilled investigators, prepared for all potentials of an assignment including surveillance, hidden cameras, undercover investigators and debugging or electronic countermeasures.
- Detailed reports highlighting the cleared and suspect list as well as excellent documentation for prosecution and fighting unemployment claims.
- Work in concert with law enforcement when required. Knowing what the police need and want for a successful prosecution is key to an investigation.
Interview & Interrogation Services:
- Theft of Product & Material
- Theft of Time
- Drug & Alcohol Usage
- Drug Dealing
- Acts or Threats of Violence
- Subversive Activities
- Security & System Evaluations
- Night Vision Equipment
- Statement Gathering of Suspects and Witnesses
- Tracking of Suspects & Materials
- Pre-Employment Investigations
- Hidden Video Camera Installation
- Emergency Violence Prevention Program
- Background Checks
- Asset Investigations
- Surveillance Investigations
- Integrity Testing
MSI Detective Services offers a complete list of services for all of your investigative needs.
We encourage you to call us – toll free at (888) 338-4545 – to discuss your specific situation with one of our expert investigators.
Tips for successful workplace investigations:
- Don’t Terminate – Investigate!
When you discover an employee has done wrong doing such as employee theft, misconduct, drug use, sabotage or any other incident that you would be justified to terminate an employee on the spot, be careful not to act or react too quickly. Be sure to have a signed confession or sufficient video evidence to fight an unemployment claim or to prosecute. This may mean keeping your bad employee on for a short time while you gather your facts. Interrogation or questioning after a termination or arrest is next to impossible. Suspects will “Lawyer up” as they say once prosecuted or fired. So while they are still under your employ, hire an experienced professional private investigator who can help document the facts. The employer/employee relationship will assist you greatly in this manner. Employees will want to keep their job and generally will cooperate to some extent as long as there is hope that they will remain employed after the interview. Never promise that they will keep their job but you can certainly say things that may leave the possibility open.
- Don’t Tip your Hand or Telegraph Your Plan
When planning to bring in a professional private investigator, tell as few people as possible. Loose lips sink ships and successful investigations as well. Only the most trusted people should know the plan as you may be shocked who may be involved. We recently found a 15 year employee guilty of stealing thousands a dollars worth of inventory each night. Greed and financial woes are often powerful persuaders for weak minded or morally corrupt individuals who will turn to stealing when the opportunity is present.