This distrust has led to confusion, and we often jump to conclusions before getting the facts.
So, if you have the slightest doubt in your spouse due to a change in their habits, before jumping the gun and throwing out accusations, find out the facts first. Confrontation with him/her will cause one of two things: more careful behavior from your spouse, or heated arguments.
The best thing to do in this situation is to find out the facts. Hire a private investigator.
Some of the signs that your spouse may be having an illicit relationship include, but are not limited to;
1. Increased time by your spouse enhancing, or worrying about, their appearance.
2. Attitude changes; too loving, or sarcastic an uncaring.
3. Phone calls that, when answered, don’t have anyone on the line.
4. Increased cell phone use, or walking out of the room to have conversations.
5. Increased use of cash instead of a credit/debit card.
6. Your spouse spends more time than usual shopping for groceries or running errands.
7. Increased computer use.
A private investigative service will be able to provide surveillance services, lie detection services, or even listening/viewing equipment installation in offices, cars, and other locations. In any event, the detectives will help you find out the truth, because the above items are indicative of things more than having affairs. While not a “better” alternative, it could indicate substance abuse or a gambling problem. Or, it could mean that things are heating up at work. In any event, don’t jump to conclusions before gathering the facts.
The bottom line is that the time and effort put into your relationship is valuable. Throwing it all away due to misconceptions or false accusations isn’t going to help either one of you. If you do find out your spouse is having an affair, at least you will have the facts in order to deal with it in a proper, logical manner. Your spouse won’t be able to “talk you out of” your suspicions because you’ll have the evidence.